Wednesday 15 October 2014

Sumayya is ready to go.....

Early Summer 793AD
Diary Account 2

Dear Diary,
 Today I am here at the settlement of rural Strandebarn, the night before I venture to Lindisfarne.

 Using all our power and strength, we skilfully built the Serpent longship with a construction time of 8-9 months. As there were no craftsmen to construct our vessel, building this Serpent longship unfortunately it took nine long months, nine long months that felt like a WHOLE YEAR!  The problem with Strandebarm is that it had no farms around to provide sheep’s wool to make the huge white sail.
I was furious! Despite the big sail taking a long time to construct, it will however help make my vessel travel faster.
I decided to get a very experienced navigator as he would guide me to Lindisfarne. I also decided to get a carpenter as he would construct a very high quality ship he would also know how to treat the wood.

Thinking very hard, I had chosen to take route one as it looked quicker then route two.

It feels like I have taken a big step in my life as I have never been on journey like this before on the other hand I am very excited because I feel like I’ll win.

The End

13 comments:

  1. Excellent work Sumayya
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Sumayya has put quite a lot of effort into her writing and I can tell that she has been reading back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fascinating account.
    :)Sumayya's mum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I impressed by this writing Summaya. Its outstanding. I hope you right more pieces of wrighting like this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Amazing writing I can tell that you have put a lot of effort. Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. well done sumayya! You did really well when we were partners. Hope you keep it up in your fourth diary entery.
    Nafisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Summaya! Your story qrighting is AMAZING! Keep the good work up! Imaan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like it at least you didn't do subordinate, subordinate full stop. Like me LOL!!!
    By:
    Amina

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also wanted to say that for the last paragraph you could change it to a subordinate clause by wrighting it like this 'As I have never been on a journey like this before, It feels like I have taken a dig step in my life plus on the other hand I am very exited because it feels like we'll be the first boat back with the treasure! I WISH ^-^ :)
    By:
    Amina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent advice Amina....you really understand this now! 5 table points to you. Do you need the 'on the other hand..' connective which is an opposing connective? Miss M

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow well done I can really tell that you have put a lot of effort into that. Keep up the good work. :)
    Sumayya's cousin.

    ReplyDelete