Friday 3 October 2014

Viking Diary Entry one

February 793AD
DEAR DIARY,

This morning, at the break of dawn and waking up at 6:00 in the morning, off our timber beds we went down the broken stairs to eat raw meat. After the raw meat, the chief wanted to announce a speech to us all. He gathered us all around him, and he began the speech with his inmost and loudest voice, “All of you will go to Lindisfarne pick a town and raid it. The first man back with the treasure will be tremendously rewarded!”

I was confident about this but, I thought to myself, I could perish. After the speech was over, the chief came up to me. He   generously whispered to me saying, “Will you accept my loan of silver coins?” After thinking very hard, I decided to take the loan for my   crew and longship. Now I am thinking about my crew and deciding which settlement I am going to opt for. After thinking, during dinner, I chose Kaupang. I chose Kaupang because there are lots of trees, which means I could build a 30 metre longship and which holds 50 crew members.     

Amaar       

6 comments:

  1. Amaar is a star when it comes to adverbs and adverbial phrases! How many can you spot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can spot approximately 20 adverbs and adverbial phrases
    Hassan Hayat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well spotted Hassan. 5 table points! Everyone else, what are they?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a grown up piece of writing, Amaar. It's brilliant! I'm going to read this out to my class to show them what they can aim to be able to do when they get to Year Six.

    Looking forward to seeing more of your writing on the blog.

    Mr Ellis

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW lots of adverbial phrases. Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can spot around about 3 embedded clauses

    ReplyDelete