Friday 3 October 2014

Viking Quest Diary entry one

February 793 AD
Dear diary,

Today in winter, I woke up at 6:00 in the morning because the chief gathered us all for a meeting. The meeting was about a country to raid called Lindisfarne and the cheif announced,

“Without perishing, the first person to go to Lindisfarne loot the monastery and be back with treasure, will be heavily rewarded,”

The cheif whispered to me,

“Will you be happy to take the loan or not?”
Deciding with confidence, I answered,

“Yes I would like to take the loan,” I took the loan for my crew, parts for my ship and also for my scrumptious meal.

Due to the fact that Kaupang is a poular trading centre with a busy harbour, I have chosen it for my settlement.

I have chosen Strider for my long ship because it holds a high amount of crew which is 50 members and also takes 8-9 months of construction time.

Quickly, I chose  strong, hairy, brutal and barbaric men, a navigator, carpenter and a sail-maker for my vicious crew.

By Hassan

12 comments:

  1. Why do you think Hassan's diary has been put on the blog Y6? What has he been thinking about whilst he has been writing? Miss M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is good about Hassan's writing is that he has done a lot of speech plus, he has a great amount of writing and what is most important Hassan's done correct punctuation.

      Delete
    2. You are absolutely right Amaan! Hassan has a brilliant understanding of punctuation and it helps us read his writing accurately. His dialogue helps recount the events of the day too. 5 table points Amaan! Miss M

      Delete
  2. I have been thinking about :
    Descriptive words/historical vocabulary
    Speech
    Adverbial phrases and Openers.
    Hassan Hayat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have Hassan and you've done very well. Year 6, which openers and adverbial phrases do we like best?

      Delete
    2. He has been thinking about his vocabulary, lots of speech and most important his punctuation.

      Delete
  3. The best opner I like is, due to the fact that Kaupang is a poular trading centre with a busy harbour.

    Nafisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. My best subordinate clause is, quickly, I chose strong, hairy, brutal and barbaric men, a navigator, carpenter and a sail-maker for my vicious crew.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My best subordinate clause is, quickly, I chose strong, hairy, brutal and barbaric men, a navigator, carpenter and a sail-maker for my vicious crew. Well done :)
    Sumayya.M

    ReplyDelete
  6. The best adverbial phrase is, Today in winter because it explains why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adverbial phrases tell us where, when or how a verb is happening Umair! Is 'Today in winter...' a how, when or where adverbial phrase? Miss M

      Delete
  7. Hassan has been thinking about his structure, how much writing he should be doing and all his speech and punctuation.
    Umair

    ReplyDelete